Friday 26 November 2010

Details:

ARTIST NAME: RENEGADES
- The original artist of my song, White Lines, which I'm doing a music video for, is Feeder. For a while they were working under the guise of 'Renegades', performing small gigs, as opposed to large stadium gigs which they would have been doing under the name 'Feeder'. This name was relatively short-lived as it was just a side-project designed to test out their new material, and after they'd promoted it, relatively secretly, with a small tour, they released their Renegade's material as Feeder, with the album being entitled Renegades. I have chosen this as the album name because I couldn't use Feeder, and I couldn't really play on the name, only coming up with rubbish names such as 'Eater' and other names along that line.
ALBUM NAME: CALL OUT
- I came up with this album name as I didn't want to use the original name 'Renegades', as I wanted to use that as the name of the artist. 'Call Out' comes from a track on the album, which was the lead single in real life, making it the conventional choice for it to be the title track. It also suited my front cover ideas, which I have been working on, involving a person shouting, paying homage to a Franz Ferdinand album. This will be explained in more detail in a later post, when I have expanded on my ideas.

REVISED: ALBUM ART HAND-DRAWN DRAFTS:
2 Inside panels. Left is under CD, with the band giving thanks
To the left, there is lyrics

My CD and DVD design. Left - Vinyl style CD
Right - VHS Cassette tape style DVD

Two more panels. Left is the institution info, situated under the DVD
To the right is the outside panel, situated in the middle (between the back and front covers

Above is the design for my back cover. This version is different from the last.
Below are my two spines holding the different panels together and allowing flexibility.
It has, conventionally, the album and artist name on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment