Friday 26 November 2010





The above two videos, the top being 'Move Along' by The All American Rejects, and the bottom being 'It Never Ends' by Bring Me The Horizon, will influence my own music video, with the usage of different backgrounds. Move Along, especially at 0.53 seconds in to 1.07 will influence my media text as the background constantly changes. However, it goes very fast, which looks good, but because my actor wont change costume, like in the first text above, it would look odd. My music video will therefore change background on every four beats, creating a slower pace. Such backgrounds will include an alleyway, like in Bob Dylan's 'Subterrenean Homesick Blues', but also irrelevent settings such as outside a tesco, on a field, and even in a toilet. The second media text, above, will influence my text greatly, also. 22 seconds in to the video, the lead singer is 'on a road', where he has been green screened in. This makes him be stood still, were the background is moving and creates an eery kind of atmosphere. I will try and use this in my own music video, filming corridors in college, and walking around college, were it will be sped-up during editing. This will go well with the care-free mood of my music video, as it has connotations of the actor on-screen taking life not too seriously, taking it slow and calmly and generally not caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment