Thursday 21 October 2010

Postmodernism:

My conceptual clip will be postmodern. I previously stated that my music video will be a parody of Bob Dylan's 'Subterranean Homesick Blues', with parody being a feature of postmodernism. However, my music video will be a pastiche to the original music video, similar to a parody, except it will be much more respectful. Of course, the intertextual references to Bob Dylan's music video is also an example of postmodernism which will also create ironic playfulness as most of my audience will be thinking (if my music video is a success) "wow this is a really good, original idea", a passive audience, whereas older members of the audience will see the intertextuality and see that I'm respectfully mocking it, making them an active audience. Additionally, my music video will be self-reflexive, deliberately drawing attention to its fictional nature, as some of the pre-production work will go wrong, such as the lyric boards, which will sometimes have the wrong lyric and/or be upside down/wrong way round. The lead singer who will star in the music video will also be looking off-screen, occasionally, as Bob Dylan does also. This will break the 4th wall, as the audience will be aware that he is looking at the director (me) and will be aware that it is a fictional production.

No comments:

Post a Comment