Wednesday 9 March 2011

Audience Feedback: Products Overall:

I wish to see if my complete promo package - music video, Digipack and magazine advert - work in synergy to one another. I want to find out if they look as though they are all from the same promo campaign and if they are effective, so to allow me to evaluate my product effectively, and possibly make some changes, if need be. The feedback is shown below, from a focus group of 5 people, only 3 forms helped, however:


Feedback form 1:


Feedback form 2:


Feedback Form 3:


Analysis:
I can see from the feedback gathered, that the complete promotional package of a music video, Digipack and magazine advert advertising the release of the Digipack, all look as though they belong from the same promo campaign, due to the colour scheme used throughout all three texts. Furthermore, I have found that, from my initial ideas and drafts, my texts (all three of them) have improved and are "better". In asking my audience if the texts are effective, I found that 100% said "yes", with reasons being given - they have a "unifying theme" and one audience member even said "it's different to what is around today", which was one of my main goals, to be anti-mainstream, as that is what alternative music represents, as does Indie music to a certain extent, both genres of which my band and song fall in to. Alternative = alternative to mainstream. 100% of my audience said they wouldn't improve my three texts, as they all work well, with 75% giving my product an 8 out of 10 overall, and 25% giving it an astonishing 10 out of 10. However, it seems likely that they may have just being polite, as even I wouldn't give myself that rating, unless it was for effort. Lastly, I asked my audience about the Russian Constructivism theme, asking them if it looked good, if it linked the three texts and what it represents about the band and the style itself. The feedback gathered said it looks good, that it unified the three texts and that it represented the band as "different from modern bands", again, highlighting my aims. One audience member even said that the style, with the angles, could represent the band as being "edgy", which is an interesting concept and I wish I had come up with that. Another audience member said the style fits in with the "Indie feel", meaning that my aim of creating a conventionally Indie-style product appears to be a success.


No comments:

Post a Comment